Membership is about working toward positive change together.
Help us build a strong voice in support of our mission to advocate for better cycling and actively help increase cycling participation in the Wollongong and Shellharbour Council areas. The bigger our membership the greater our voice. Let’s amplify our voices by working together.
By becoming a member of the Illawarra Bicycle User Group you join others to create a supportive community working to push for change. We are passionate and tenacious. With more members, more active volunteers, and fundraising we can achieve more!
We focus on pushing Councils to be more responsive to reoccurring and ongoing issues. We encourage members to report issues and make their own submissions to Councils and NSW Government. Check out our easy reporting how-to guide here and on FaceBook @BikeIllawarra.
The top three issues from our 2022 member survey are:
- Safety on roads
- More funding for infrastructure
- Maintenance of shared paths and roads
The ongoing issues members share include:
- lack of vegetation maintenance that creates hazards for months/weeks on part of the network and no communication from Council on how they will improve maintenance
- poorly placed barriers/bollards all over the network
- inadequate provision for people riding at road intersections
Our members also receive a 15% discount on Bicycle NSW membership. Consider joining Bicycle NSW to help elevate our voices at the State level.
We’d love you to join us!